No man can beat me
Tyson Fury has told Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua to forget about ending his unbeaten streak.
The 33-year-old WBC champion puts his gold on the line against Wilder in Las Vegas on October 9, while Joshua defends his IBF, WBO and WBA Super titles against Oleksandr Usyk next Saturday.
Wins for both will put their money-spinning undisputed showdown, which fell through earlier this year when Wilder forced a third fight with the Gypsy King, firmly back on the agenda.
But Fury insists he will never be beaten before hanging up his gloves.
In an interview with Gary Neville’s The Overlap, he said: “I’ve never lost a fight. I don’t think I’ll ever lose a fight, no. I don’t think I will.
“I don’t think there’s anybody out there to beat me.”
Had a walk down Morecambe beach with @gneville2 👍
Head on over to his YouTube channel to give the full video a watch 👑👊🏽
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) September 15, 2021
Joshua is determined to trade leather with his fellow Brit but Fury claims his rival should not look too far into the future.
He added: “They talk about fights that are not happening. Everybody wants to talk to me about the Joshua fight.
“They don’t care about the fight I’m having.
“All of a sudden, they want me to look over what I’m doing and then get chinned. I’m laid flat on my back by Wilder and he’s taking my position.
“I’ve only got two, three fights left because there’s no more challenges.
“They’ve all been beaten. I’ve got Wilder next and provided I get through that, then I’ve got AJ.”
I’ll be happy to face Eu again
Chris Eubank Jr refuses to rule out a second fight with Billy Joe Saunders.
The fierce rivals met back in November 2014, when the European, Commonwealth and British middleweight titles were on the line, with Saunders being awarded a split decision.
They have traded verbal blows ever since and Eubank, 31, would jump at the chance to settle the score.
He said: “Saunders is still calling my name even though he has no credibility left in the sport and no belt.
“But is that a fight I would take? Yes. There is a lot of history there and we have a score to settle.”
Loma needs to move on
Teofimo Lopez has laughed off Vasiliy Lomachenko’s bid to secure a rematch.
Lopez, 24, added the WBA Super and WBO world lightweight titles to his IBF crown courtesy of a unanimous points victory over Lomachenko last October.
And the American, who takes on George Kambosos Jr in New York on October 4, insists his old foe has no chance of facing him again.
Lopez told Sky Sports: “He’s fighting my leftovers, trying to redeem himself. It’s cute that everyone thinks he’s going to get me again.
“The way I look at it now? We’re past that. We’re looking at bigger and better things, like Josh Taylor.
“There will be no rematch [with Lomachenko]. Had I lost, they would never have given me the opportunity, so I’m not doing it.”
Lomachenko, 33, rebounded from losing his titles by stopping Masayoshi Nakatani — who Lopez beat on points — in the ninth round.
That victory has reportedly put the Ukrainian on collision course with Richard Commey, another of Lopez’s former opponents.
But the lightweight king is ready to step up a division to challenge undisputed super-lightweight champ Taylor.
Lopez added: “The guy can talk all he wants but everybody feels my energy when I step up to the plate.
“I need to get Kambosos Jr out of the way. I don’t want people to back down.
“I’m not scared of anyone. I don’t duck or dodge anyone.”